Saturday, November 28, 2009

I want to pursue music in life, I'm a junior in HS, but what should I do to try to make it ther

I really want to make music my lifestyle as a Blues guitarist, like Stevie Ray Vaughan style music. So my thoughts on how to go about doing this is getting a degree in music at a UC and then pursuing my dream while teaching or doing some kind of music tech thing at the same time. If you have had experience or just can give me advice on how to do this, please help me out. I know what I am about to get into, and I know that the music career life does not come easy in any shape or form unless you go on American Idol of course, lol, but I would just be strictly guitar and not much vocals at all. anyway, thats off topic, what do you suggest I do to pursue my dreams including going to college and stuff like that.



Thanks



~ZTR



I want to pursue music in life, I'm a junior in HS, but what should I do to try to make it there??

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



You could go to college and get a degree in Music. that way you could do things that involve music in jobs.



Also, find a band, preferably a jazz band, and play with them. Get the feel of playing in a band, because there won't be many other opportunities other than that with guitar.



Just find people to play with. Give guitar lessons for a little extra cash. Get a job where you can use your musical abilities to make money.



Oh, like the other girl said: get yourself on the internet. The internet has become an insane place for marketing. In your case, you'll be marketing yourself and your skills. Get a myspace, purevolume, make videos and/or a blog. Get yourself heard out there on the web so more people know your name and music.



The more people who listen to your music, the more money you can make.



I want to pursue music in life, I'm a junior in HS, but what should I do to try to make it there??

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



Learn as many instruments as you can, the more versatile you are, the better. Musicians, even professional ones do not make much money and generally play with many different groups and have several jobs. You probably already knew that though. Good luck!!
01.21.2004 - 閳ユキ have the best job in the world閳?br> Our mid-career and especially our younger faculty must work to establish their academic reputations. .... I play electric



blues guitar;



it閳ユ獨 my release. ...



www.berkeley.edu/news/berkeleyan/2004/...



see this career



http://www.google.com/custom?hl=en%26amp;newwi...
I say start a myspace page, thats where many new artist are starting off! have y ou heard of Colbie Callait? (unsure how to speell her name) She sings the song Bubbly, and she made it big off Myspace, there are also many mroe artist that have as well, and its a good place to promoto music.



Also I would say start a Youtube channel, many new artist are being signed there as well. Esmee Denters, a really talented singer recently got signed to Justin Timberlakes record label.



There are many opportunites for new and upcoming singers/bands.. you just have to look!



So, i wish you the best of luck! I hope you get what you wantn.



-Ariana

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan