Monday, November 30, 2009

Is Country Music Evil?

I've got a new theory. I think that Country Music might be detrimental to our society. Most country fans seem to either have a malaise to them, or that brain-washed happy glaze to them. And from what little I've been forced to listen to, it doesn't seem to really be a music encouraging a true betterment of ones sensibilities.



So What do you think? Could our choice of music affect our outlook on life? If so, could Country Music be detrimental to our society?



Is Country Music Evil?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



No. I listened to it and actually GOT my car, and dog, and wife, and house BACK.



But seriously, no. Your statement assumes that people are brainwashed. It also assumes that "most" country fans are the way you described. Unless you are around ALL country fans, you cannot assume a correlation between just the ones you know and everybody else. No offense, but I've heard the "brainwashing" part so many times that it is just getting old and typical.



Plus, be a man, dude. Nobody FORCES you "listen" to anything. You might HEAR it. But it is ultimately YOUR choice rather or not you "listen". And yes, if you actually FOLLOW the music you listen to, it is VERY POSSIBLE that it affects society in a negative way. But then again, it isn't the music, it is whether or not (and how) you follow it. I mean, I'd like to "rock and roll all night and party ev....", uhhhh, no.



I like and PLAY all kinds of music, but I don't LIVE by it.



You know, there are a lot of people who wish to censor, or place blame, or close their mind to, or be intolerant of things just because it's cool NOT to like them. I honestly think that THOSE people are probably the ones who are "brainwashed".



Again, no offense, but you asked.



Peace and axle grease



Jon



Is Country Music Evil?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



Thanks, j_doggie_dogg. I appreciate it. Report It


no it speaks from hte heart listen to we can relate byebye baby
no!because i listen to and always get straight A's never B's C's and F's.
I hardly think so.
I don't have time to worry about that now, ma girlfriend done cheated on me, my dog died and ma pickup got a flat tar.
Yes very EVIL
I think you have too much time on your hands if you are pondering inane queries such as this.



I am a huge country fan, yet I have a job, a college degree, an expansive vocabulary, a house and a well-adjusted family.



So, no, country music is not evil. A person's choice is his right as a citizen.
yes i believe country music is evil.



whenever i am forced to listen to it every day,



i get really anooyed and agry,



it makes me want to kill!
I bet you listen to hard core rock %26amp; I think it's affected your out look on life. Country is awesome.
No I disagree, I would rather have a person with a brain-washed happy glaze to them, than have a gun toating "gangsta" running down the town.
if you play country music backwards, you get your dog back, get your car back, get your wife back....
I think that all people no matter what type of music they listen to have the same opinion about one genre of music. Myself I am a punk rocker, hard rocker, well just a rocker. But if you wanted to classify one type of music as evil you would have tol ook at the news headlines. Do you see anyone out there saying "country music made me do it?" No most of the kids today that commit crimes or do evil things are some form of rockers... No music is evil its all expression. People are the ones who make inanimate objects evil or distateful...



I like your approach and your opinion is just fine, but thats what i think
It affect the ones that believe every word out of the persons mouth. So if a singer say I jumped off the building and landed on my feet would you believe it? Its all in the words.
country music before 1980 is ok to listen to. anything past 80 is bad lite rock and is for lame kiss fans.



of course music affects our outlook on life. enjoying music,even dark grindcore,is pleasing to a fan of that genre...and when something is pleasing to the mind it produces



endorphins
Country is like a lot of other folk-based music. There isn't much there for those of us who are a bit more philosophical, but it's ideal for the listener who doesn't want a complicated message with complicated music. Too simple for my tastes, but that doesn't make it bad. Most listeners can't make any sense of jazz, but I like it best, so it's a matter of perspective.
what? you object to people being happy and laid back?



What do you do for relaxation?



(I listen to classical music, that tends to make folks happy and relaxed too. Is that evil too?)
my mom and dad listen to all those old country songs and they say music today isn't the same as it was yesterday so i agree with you somewhat but i could'nt say a bad thing about shania twain 'cause i love her music.oh and the dixie chicks are great too.
It's not evil, it just sucks.
when u really think about it, some country music is just as bad as some rap/rnb and pop. But none of it is "evil". When u say evil u make it sound possessed.
You bet it is. People that listen to country music seem to evolve into assholes.
Wow... interesting theory, but flawed on several counts...



1) the subjects, styles, and songs in country music vary widely and can not be categorized to elicit the same emotional responses across the board



2) you are giving too much credit to one factor (music) to influence society, when music only plays one part of many



3) your theory states that listeners of certain types of music can be 'brain-washed', which begs the question whether other music can brain wash listeners as well, which would lend credibility to theories such as "listeners of heavy metal are homicidal/suicidal, etc."



4) your hypothesis implies that any type of music can encourage "a betterment of one's sensibilities", however, I have not experienced that to be true, (with the possible exception of classical music, which is said to increase mental ability)



5) I am a country music listener, as well as other genres, and I do not have a malaise (defined as a sense of depression or bodily discomfort), nor am I brain-washed.



However, if I have a happy glaze, it may be because I am enjoying a good song.
no but that awful crap should be illegal
hell yeah !its evil and it sucks too.
No It calms the soul down and Every type of music came from country music
Wouldn't say its eveil but find it can make ya darn melancholy...those cowboy types sure seem to have a hard life of it all AND (in my opinion) they all sound the bleeding same...BUT..have to admit..Dolly Parton has a very sweet voice and doesn't take herself too seriously like most of em do...



So - to sum up...not Evil but can be nasty!!
"When you say somethin' bad about country music... well that's like sayin' somethin' bad about my mama... and thems fightin' words!"



-------------Dolly Parton



It totally depends on which artists you listen to. Artists like Dolly Parton, Garth Brooks and The Dixie Chicks are very progressive thinking and open minded people and that really comes out in their lyrics, so I would not be so quick to throw out the entire genre... There was a time that country music was the soul of blue collar democracy and the middle class... that time has passed but there is still some good stuff going on in the folk/country scene. You just have to dig a little deeper now because conservative crap spewers like FOX News try to keep us from knowing about the cool artists.
I think it makes people depressed! They are the reason there are so many people on Prozac, lithium, ect,ect. There music is very depressing and I personally can not stand it! And maybe our music does have a larger effect on us then we think.
nooooooooo!!!!!!!!! i luv country music if u think it is evil u must b cause its speaks fronm the heart and tells the truth
NOOO WAAAAY! COUNTRY MUSIC IS SOME OF THE BEST KINDS OF MUSIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan