Saturday, November 28, 2009

Music=Personality?

I was wondering if the kind of music we like to listen to reflects our personality. For example, I'm a very studious person and somewhat outgoing, and I like 80's music, indie, and hardrock.



So, I would like to hear what you say about this and and give insight on the music you like.



Music=Personality?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



Personality is the creation of the child before starting first grade. The foundation is the child's 2.1 million experiences during that time, and that with each new event, the child says to him/her self, "So THIS is the way the world is!" Such self-statement cluster around common themes, which in turn becomes patterns which, taken together, we can call "personality."



One influence on these patterns is early interactions with others, specifically parents, siblings, and play-mates. By them, we learn to lead, follow, take part, work with others, work apart, and much more.



What one DOES in terms of music would then be guided by such childhood learnings. for example, you speak of "music we LISTEN to" (as opposed to "music we create/write" or "music we produce").



I listen to bluegrass music, Mozart, and Beethoven. I sing barbershop music with my chorus. I also have a drum set in the basement and bang on that every so often (when my lady friend is at HER barbershop chorus rehearsal.)



I was the first of two boys and my brother came 5 1/2 years after me, so I was essentially an only child.) Growing up, I sang...so I'd taken up that thing and he had to find something else. Musically, he took up instruments and could play nearly any instrument you could name.



I cannot write or arrange music; he could. We both created entire musical shows to be presented to the public, I in barbershop music, he in productions with vocalists and instrumentalists, as well as a 15-18 piece stage band.



Oddly, I do not think of my parents as musical at all...except often, when we are given a new song to learn in my chorus, I recognize it as a son my father would sing around the house when I was in junior high or high school. -- Dr. Bob



Music=Personality?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



I like to listen to a variety of music.... but sometimes what you do for a living reflects what you listen to.



For example. I'm a game design major... And right now, I listen to more music from games than I listen to music from bands. Furthermore, I listen to more piano/orchestral music from video games. Also, I listen to more remixes than original songs.



Last year I listened to more bands than video game music, and more Japanese and Korean music than American music.



What you listen to doesn't necessarily describe your personality, but maybe just the stage you're at in your life right now.
No, I think music just expresses our inner most self but certainly doesn't reflect personality.



I love bass and rap but if you look at me, I am just another middle aged woman....
I think so. I have an eclectic taste in music, always have. I don't really have a particular favorite...because every genre speaks to me in a different way. I'm also an extremely moody and changeable person, so maybe that has something to do with it.



There's actually a pretty good survey that tells you what your taste in music says about you: http://www.outofservice.com/music-person...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan