Monday, November 30, 2009

Who agrees that Rap music and Hip Hop is corrupting todays youth and society while also damaging the

reputation of a certaing ethnic group. Yes, it is exactly this type of music that spawns racism. This music undermines and degrades women, promotes drugs, and violence. How can people allow their children to listen to this music? It is sad that because of the type of ignorance that this music promotes, it also promotes racism. That because of some idiots who decide to release this, others start assuming that most African Americans are like that. This music is just garbage in general. Doesn't anyone else see anything wrong with it?



Who agrees that Rap music and Hip Hop is corrupting todays youth and society while also damaging the.....?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



Its a smoldering heap of infectious, reeking garbage...



But I think it might be unfair to lay blame for social corruption on it... I think its like a festering boil on the flesh, the RESULT of sickness rather than the cause.



Our real sickness is in religion and the Media... And a lack of real leadership. I'm not talking about Bush, (though he IS a prime example of poor leadership,) I'm talking about us leading ourselves. If a person had any self esteem at all, would they want to listen to a guy talk about "macking ho's" or "keepin it real," (like that means anything to them,) to previously-used music?



I love how "rap-artists" talk about originality, and how they "give props to God," and then mutilate a 20 year old classic song so they can talk about how fat their baby's momma's butt is... 'Sh!t makes me ill...



Who agrees that Rap music and Hip Hop is corrupting todays youth and society while also damaging the.....?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



i'm a teen and i think so
uhh i like country music
Yeah, but you might have posted this in 1998... and saved the World. (This is old news...) Ever since 2LiveCrew "popped, popped, popped that guchi baby" and record execs SAW that it sold, and that STREET language %26amp; stolen beats would translate into $$$$ without needing musicians... gangsta rap was born.



Rap's been around for 30+ years, by the way.. and it wasn't until it went mainstream -- meaning sold/distributed by white record execs (at first)... that it became the degenerative nonsense of stereotypes, morons, hoochie mommas, and you got a whole lexicon of Street Slang. Long WAY from "getting jiggy wit it", aren't we?



Obama today on the IOWA campaign trail: "that's wut I'M talking ABOUT!!!"... (now, did he learn this phrase at his white grandparents place in Hawaii, where he grew up as Barry? in college? did Oprah tell him the deal-io?) this is a Presidential candidate trying to sound Hip by using some Hop?



It's on Disney, everywhere and ads for KIDS. It's in the headlines for Cell Phones ("Where you at?")... it's the spine of MTV of white kids wearing tattoos and acting gangsta straight from the streets of "the OC"... it's beyond laughable. So, you have white kids creating/making money on Grand Theft Auto... games. Tommy Hilfiger MADE himself multi-millions as many other designers, on street wear.. etc. (don't be a hater!)... Listen, ESPN will tell you that players just "got JACKed up!!" and "yo, lookit dat play, yo!"... so, this is far and away more persasive than you'd ever know. It's part of America now. Don't be a hater!



Especially when the most STREET acts, like "Fiddy" goes straight to the hills of New Jersey suburbia, once they "get bank" -- and cares less than 50-cents about streets he's still pretending he's from... ETC. (it ain't just him, homey).
I agree that you are a cranky old bat.
i hear you. i hate rap music. i stick with the oldies. you can't listen to a modern music station without getting that crap.
Sorry for your opinion....that is all I listen to!
I agree.
yes there is EVERYTHING wrong with it, i agree with you completely.



rap music is nothing but trash.
omigod! its just freakin music. just like video games. people do the things they do cuz its wut they want to do not wut some song or game told them to do.
With so much drama in the l-b-c



Its kinda hard bein snoop d-o-double-g



But i, somehow, some way



Keep comin up with funky azz **** like every single day



May i, kick a little something for the gs (yeah)



And, make a few ends as (yeah!) I breeze, through



Two in the mornin and the partys still jumpin



Cause my momma aint home
hell to rap and hip hop.......rock is so much better.......no violence, just flat-out extreme!!!!
I somewhat agree. Some of it's okay, but yes, some of it has no meaning and does show, "yeah, it's okay to be in a gang and kick women if they don't go down!" XD
I agree that rappers are corrupting youth and damaging society.
Aside from the racism aspect, people were saying the same things about rock music forty years ago.
I AGREE.... I THINK MOST IF NOT ALL THE NEW POP-HIP-HOP - RAP - R%26amp;B IS.....GARBAGE...I LIVE IN THE CHICAGO AREA AND THE STATIONS HERE PLAY IT OUT NOT MUCH IS SENSORED ANYMORE!



WHAT CAN WE DO THOUGH??!
hell yeah i agree i hate the rappers of today.basically i like only tupac and biggie smalls they don't talk about sex money drugs like todays rappers they talk about life.
people like what they like and no matter how much you try you cant change how they feel. i dont personally like it and i think its annoying that fuse and everyotr rock station on the radio is being invaded .
it can be annoying..though music is music.. kids listen to it so what, if you feel strongly about it tell your kids how you feel then let them decide...
definitely.



what is "yo" supposed to mean, anyway?



"dawg?" what?!?
people from all races are contributing to the corruption of the nation's youth. it's not just music either. t.v. and movies and music ... if you look at every single thing that is corrupting children, it kind of evens out between races and genders, for the most part.
i think rap is funny. most of it reenforces stereotypes that black people find offensive if relized by people not of their race.



i think its ignorant and blind.



false rolemodels for kids.
What kind of Rap are you listening too? There are a lot of great Rap songs out there that are positive and just awesome to jam to. Try some Tupac or DMX.



Example:



Lord Give Me A Sign by DMX



Lord Give me a Sign!



I really need to talk to you Lord



Since the last time we talked the walk has been hard



Now I know you havent left me



But I feel like im alone



Im a big boy now but im still not grown



And Im still goin threw it



Pain and the hurt



Soaking up trouble like rain in the dirt



And I know!



Only I can stop the rain



Wit just the mention of my saviors name



IN THE NAME OF JESUS!



Devil I rebuke you for what I go threw



And tryin make me do what I used to



But all that stops right here



As long as the Lords in my life I will have no fear



I will know no pain from the light to the dark



I will show no shame spit it right from the heart



Cuz its right from the start



But you held me down



And Aaint nothin they can tell me now



Lord give me a sign!



Let me know whats on your mind



Let me know what im gone find



Its all the time



Show me how to teach the mind



Show me how to reach the blind



Lord give me a sign!



Show me what I gots to do



To bring me closer to you



Cuz im gonna go through



What ever you want me to



Just let me know what to do



Lord give me a sign!



Please show me sometin



Im tired of talkin to him



Knowin he frontin



Cryin bout life aint nuttin



But you either be the one mad cuz you trapped, or the one huntin



Trapped in your own mind waitin on the Lord



Or huntin wit the word that cuts like a sword



The spoken word is stronger than the strongest man



Carries the whole world like the strongest hand



Through the trials and tribulations you neva let us down



JESUS!



I know your here with us now



JESUS!



I know your still wit us now



Keep it real wit us now



I wanna feel show me how



Let me take your hand, guide me



Ill walk slow but stay right beside me



Devil's tryna find me



Hide me, hold up I take that back



Protect me and give me the strength to fight back!



Life or death



Live or die



I will never live a lie



Im goin there cuz I try



I wont quit until I die



Im gone make it wrong or right



Make it through the darkest night



When the morning comes you'll see



All I have is God in me



(Lord give me a sign!)
why are your blaming it all rap %26amp; hip hop? its all different kinds of music, and bands, like fall out boy,%26amp; nickelback. neither of those are rap or hip hop. and no. i dont think its the music thats corrupting teens. it think its the house hold they were brought up in. im 16, and listen to this music all the time. but i dont smoke or drink, or think all african americans act poorly. im not racist or ignorant either. teens dont act the way they do because thats how all the famous people do ( i dont know why adults get that into there head.) they do it cause it makes them think there in control. i think you should also listen to more rap and hip hop besides the ones you have, because a lot of them actually do have a meaning.
I agree. The music teaches these kids to do the same self destructive and anti social behavior that is bad for this country. It's like a vicious circle.
not all of them are bad and shut up.
"well..... **** happens"
Everything you said is so politically incorrect.. but I couldn't agree more. Rap music promotes violence, materialism, misogyny, and living a 'thug' life style. It's a dreadful influence on kids, and teaches them a twisted set of values.
GOD BLESS YOU. I have been saying that for years. I have been encouraging kids to listen to other types of music... but nothing works. Kids are kids.



To be honest, I believe that if you listen to a song where someone kills a cop, and that makes you want to kill a cop, there's something wrong with you, not the song.



That being said, I still disagree with what the music stands for.
I hate it too. Rock music is much better. I don't see how so many people prefer Rap over Rock.
I do! It must be the crappiest type of music around...if you can even call it that. I don't see how someone talking and cussing non-stop can be considered music. Damn it! They even made drug music sound terrible. Bring back Janis Joplin, Zeppelin, The Doors and Hendrix. The world needs real music.



Man, real music died many years ago...how sad...



Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan