Saturday, November 28, 2009

Slow-dance music for my 16th b-day?

My taste in music is basically rock and metal and oldies, all of which I'm playing at my 16th birthday party, which will be co-ed, and will have a dance floor.



My problem is that I have no clue when it comes to picking music that people can slow-dance to, like couples and such?



Personally, I'd prefer bands that are rock bands that just have slow music that would qualify as "romantic/slow-dance songs", but it doesn't matter. I need a slow song to change between every 6 to 8 fast songs to fill 3 and a half hours worth of music.



So please, help me out? And also, keep it APPROPRIATE! I don't want any songs that are slow but talk about screwing someone on the dance floor or taking them back to a hotel room for some fun, or doing drugs or any of that stuff. Sex is NOT romantic to a 16-year-old no matter how much Fall Out Boy or Gym Class Heroes says it is.



List as many as you can, please! Thanks for the help!



Slow-dance music for my 16th b-day?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



the beatles have many great love songs ex. something from abbey road



the rolling stones do as well



led zeppelin is another one of my favourite bands and you can find tons of great songs from there...maybe umm 'thats the way' off their 3rd album...'ten years gone'...



yeah usually when i think of slow songs i think of love songs...try the beatles theyre oldies rock and half their songs are love ones



sorry i cant really think of too many specific songs right now but hopefully you try finding some stuff by those bands?



happy birthday and havea great party!



thanks for listening to stuff OTHER THAN today's mainstream music



Slow-dance music for my 16th b-day?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



there is the song by the plain white t's-hey there delilah...its the only song thats slow by a rock/alternative band i can think of. But it might work :-]
Some bands have a few good slow ones and the others just have a single one. So if it's single I'll give you the names.Try like bands like:



Snow Patrol



Aerosmith- I don't wanna miss a thing



Amanda Perez- Angel



Some Ashlee Simpson songs.



Audioslave



Augustana



Avril has a few good songs.



Bethany Joy Lenz



Butch Walker- Mixtape



Chris Daughtry- Feels like tonight



Five for Fighting



Five Times August



Goo Goo Dolls



Hinder



Howie Day.



There are like a bunch more.



But I hope that helped :)
Im not much of a "slow song" fan but ive always thought that the song "soul meets body" by Death Cab for Cutie was a cool slower song (IMO). The song "mystify" by INXS is also pretty good. hope that helps. Also, make sure u have jungle boogie in your playlist, its the ultimate party song.
this song really breaks my heart every time I hear it. it would make a good prom song!!! XD



well its by a band thats not so famous anymore. it is a emo/rock band



saves the day - nightingale



here ill give you a link to the song!!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MKxpjV_l...
Yah if your ok with Alternative music you can find some songs that are kinda slow and might work the plain white t's kinda have alot that are like that, Matchbox Twenty they kinda of rock a real little but like there song unwell could maby work
I'm sure we have a different idea of what oldies are. Here goes:



Remake of "I'm so lonesome I could cry" by BJ Thomas from early to mid 1960's



"Blue Bayou" by Roy Orbison



"Ebb Tide " by the Righteous Brothers



"Caroline no" by the Beach Boys



I could go on all night but my guess is you probably don't like Grandpa music, just like I didn't like Lawrence Welk when my parents watched him on Sat. nite. These songs are definitely slow dancing . Ask parents if they are familiar with them, If not, you'll have to ask Grandpa.
Come Up by Devics



Because the Night (acoustic) performed by 10,000 Maniacs



Your Ghost by Kirsten Hersh



Firefly by Greta Gaines



Just You by Kelly's Lot



I Will Love You by Fisher
What about 'The Fray'? They're songs are pretty good.
Here are some slow rock songs that might work:



"Good riddance (Time of Your Life)" - Green Day



"Don't want to Miss a Thing" - Aerosmith



"Want to Make a Memory" - Bon Jovi



"Wish You Were Here" - Pink Floyd



Hope that some of them are ok for slow dancing, not completely sure. Hope I helped! :)
The Used and My Chemical romance have some good slow ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan