Saturday, November 28, 2009

Love for music?

I've been told by a friend that I might be naturally good at writing lyrics. Some things I've just naturally said sounds like lyrics to her. So she recommended to me maybe I should go to a music school or do something to improve my music skills. I searched through some music schools in Australia, New South Wales, Sydney, and OH MY. They sure are costly. $5000s, $200s for application fees... I don't think I can ever fulfil or achieve my dreams/wish. I wanted to learn how to sing, about songs, songwriting/composing, and instruments. *sigh* Can someone please help me? I'm really passionate... I'd do anything to achieve and improve my skills in music, and go out there, sitting cross-legged with just an acoustic guitar and my voice and sing. Please help me fulfil my dream, my wish. P.S: I live in Sydney, NSW, AUS.



Love for music?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



Go to your local music store and ask them if they know of any local tutors in singin etc. whichever you require. They might not be professional like a music school but at least it will give you a go in the right direction and much cheaper. Good luck



Love for music?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



look for a sponsor, a scholarship..
i guess there are lots of doors for you to get in touch with music.. consider joining a local school band? or some community band? and you can always start with some part time music school.. music is an expensive subject.. you may need to be prepare to work hard.. goOd luck..
Well, i don't want to discourage your dream, but first you got to really think about it...



writting lyric and composing music is two very different thing, lyric is poetry, music is not about lyric/poetry, so if you want to go to music univerity hoping to learn about lyric writting, then I'm sorry to tell you that You'll get nothing about it...



In music University, you'll learn music theory, have an ear training/solfege, Harmony lessons, counterpoints, music analize, history, culture, athtopology, Philosophy, Aethetich, etc... even if that you're composition majoring, you'll still need to learn other composer's works (J.S.Bach, A. Vivaldi, W.A.Mozart, L.v.Beethoven, F.Lizt, F.Chopin, B.Bartok, Bhrams, and more...)



But if this is really what you're looking for... then I would say go for it...



I agree about the scholarship, but one thing, it's hard to get...



If you're short on money, i would suggest you to learn outside university, you could find a music university graduated and learn from him, hopefully for free...



or you can learn by yourself, reading books, alot of them...



and you can always ask me by mail or chat... (n_rue_7@yahoo.com)



Hope this help



Bless You
You could perhaps ask the local band director for a list of private teachers in whatever instruments you want. It's embarrassing to have to go up to a total stranger and explain your passion but think about it: who would understand better than a music teacher? Also, they might have a list of vocal coaches, but if they do not, then you could ask them to check with the choral director or even the orchestra teacher.



Best of luck, you deserve what you want purely because you really want it.
Doors are made to be pushed open, I see you ware all ready knocking on some doors, but if its a little jamed, Kick the ****** wide open and say EH ! listen to this song i just wrote, lol jk its a start



Just Your Acoustic And You Voice, Thats All I Needed,



Naww but try makeing you own music, might have to sit in on an Open mic night someware, but Follow your dream, monie isnt ever thing there ways arround it, but yeah thats really costly.
You certainly don't have to spend thousands on music school. Many talented and famous musicians taught themselves. (Look at Jewel! http://www.jeweljk.com/about/ ) All you need is a guitar and some song books to learn chords from. Then just play and sing as much as you can. Learning other people's songs will help you with your own songwriting. To learn how to perform your songs, look for open mics in your area, places where you can sing a few songs without too much pressure. That way you'll also meet others who are in your position and you can talk to them about how they are achieving their dreams -- what has worked and what has not. Before long you'll find places that will pay you for performing, if you do quality music. Along the way you'll find lots of ways to learn and improve without spending tons of money.



Good luck! It's usually (but not always) a slow road, but lots of fun and rewarding if you keep true to your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan