Monday, November 30, 2009

Opinons on Music...?

Already asked this but I'll ask it again...so here it goes!



Billboard named Daughtry's self-titled album as the most popular of the year. The album sold 3.2 million copies. Akon sold 2.7, Fergie sold 2.4, Hannah Montana sold 2.5 and Carrie Underwood sold 2.3.



Beyonce's "Irreplaceable" was the #1 single followed by Rihanna's "Umbrella," Gwen Stefani's "The Sweet Escape," Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry" and T-Pain's "Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin')."



Well what I'm trying to get at is that most music sucks these days. I'm only 16 and can tell the decline of music, seeing that I'm a huge fan of different generation's music. Where are all the good Artists these days? With people like Souljah Boy and others, it makes you wonder, can I too become a "musican"? Seeing that even I have more talent than alot of them.



Anyways, what are y'all's(Texan!) opinions on today's music?



Opinons on Music...?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



I know most of, maybe 80% of what's on the radio is pure crap. But you may just have to search a bit harder and more underground to find something decent.



Opinons on Music...?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



I hate all the crap on the radio,mtv,and vh1.It's crap all my friends listen to that ****.It's like WTF.If you want to hear that stuff hell pay me 20 bucks and I'll do for you.It makes me how is going to be for children in 20 years.Think back what we use to listen to when we were younger(backstreet boys,all that other stuff)
Yeah it has been better.
being a Texan, u should know all the GOOD music is on country radio, at least u can understand it.
I see very much what you're getting at.



As a DJ I'm constantly playing stuff like "Crank Dat", which has NO lyrical value and consists of what, perhaps 2 lines of music??? More will follow... I want to verify that.



3 notes on a steel drum repeated endlessly. They get real funky at the end going to a 7 note run! WHOO-HOO.



Monotonous, non-singing. Vocally sounds like it was recorded using a Mr. Micophone with a blown coil.



Much of hard rock has gone by the wayside with bitter, growling incomprehensible lyrics.



Some hip hop artists have taken to sampling liberally from children's songs (eg. "Chain Hang Low")



Still, if it sells it sells. It simply doesn't speak well for the imagination or intelligence of the buyer, IMHO.
I think that most of the music that is played on the radio was probably written by retards(Soulja Boy) and we can only hope that most of them will be killed in drive by shootings, or die of alcohol poisoning from drinking too much Hennessy, ahh we could only be so lucky...but i am sure that none of that will happen and we will have to hear more songs about how women are nothing but invaluable sex toys,and that drugs,cognac, and money are the only things that matter in life. But all in all they can sing about whatever they want, because the battery in my car will last a lot longer now that i dont listen to the radio anymore.
I totally agree, the "music" on the radio is just rubbish....itnt music supposed to tell a story or show you what the artist is feeling, hardly any music these days is like that.....for instance Rhianna - unbrella it has no point she just says unbrella over and over again....i dont think that is music at all i think it is junk!



Have you got any good recomendations for me - I like country music....
i agree with you soooooo much!!!!!! i mean, c'mon, half these people are crackheads singin bout havin sex while on drugs and all tht crap! its soo annoying, and while people pass in thier cars as i'm outside of Walmart with thier radio BLASTING thinkin thier cool by havin rap you CANT UNDERSTAND!!!!!!! we need better music, and seriously...this music is getting nowhere! i'm soooo with you, and i'm texan too, so i love usin' tht slang (eg. singin, bout, havin) if u havent noticed, i like country though....very few songs though....i wish there was more selection in the world. thanks for answering my question though, so i am returning the favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan