Sunday, December 6, 2009

Can Metal music become depressing?

I'm a big fan of Metal music. I have a lot of Metal albums. But I have noticed that when I listen to the darker Metal, I feel kind of depressed. Has anyone experienced this?



I love the lighter side of Metal music ( such as Progressive, Heavy, Epic, Symphonic, Viking, Pagan, Celtic, Gothic Metal). Recently, I have been listening to the darker side of Metal ( Death, Black ) and I feel it is somewhat depressing. I have noticed this drastic change since I love listening to Classic Rock also. Classic Rock really enhances your soul and makes you happy!



All Metal bands I listen to are from Europe. Nothing like Metallica or Slayer (by the way, I don't like Thrash Metal). Many European bands are really dark.



I think Metal music can be depressing depending on the subgenre you listen to. It happens to me. What do you think? Have you experienced this?



Metal music is great. But maybe it's the darkness that makes it great? Definitely Darker Metal is a big NO for me!



What do you think?



Can Metal music become depressing?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



personally i find pop-love songs to be depressing. i have a wide variety of music in my cd stacks. including some european death metal, american thrash/speed metal, techno, and the list goes on, but not much in my collection depresses me. i find the darker stuff gives me what i need to get through a low point in my week. for a "gray" scale metal try Blood Has Been Shed, Slipknot, or Killswitch Engage. all american bands, all damn good.



Can Metal music become depressing?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



Drone/Doom/Ambient/Black(those kind of depressing black metal) All make me depressed, sometimes, I have a soft spot for depressing music, depressing music I listen to: Ulver, Wolves in the throne room, Agalloch, Burzum(Lol), Jesu, Yggdrasil, Mortiis. Report It


Um It's never happened to me but i'm sure it can. I don't really listen to that though. I am a metallica fan. I like Ozzy Osbourne and Alice Cooper. I've never really listend to the darker metal. My parents already throw a fit over ozzy and alice cooper and stuff so they would kill me. (I'm only 13.)
maybe you're um........... well in other words:



(I DONT KNOW)
I get what you mean... i cant stant listening to bands like immortal or deicide because it just makes me feel evil... i cant stand it. thats why i like bands like as i lay dying... they are christian.... so you dont feel the evil... just the powerful music. I hate how metal is all about satan... it sucks because its like i just want powerful music... that isnt about hating god. I love metal... just not the church burning kind :)
o.k so i listen to Death/black metal alot, bands like Empyrean Eclipse and submerged in dirt 2 great bands,i dont get that depressed by them cus i luv the music so much. but then if u listen to it 4 to long it can get to u abit it can also make u angry!! if u feel this way with this sort of music make a playlist up of a variety of songs. from mellow to really heavy jus 2 balance it out. but i got a playlist of jus heavy songs on my ipod, but every1 is diferent rite.hope this helps : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan