Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Music production?

Im planning on going to MI (Musicians Institute) in 2009 and planning on becoming a music producer. It's what I've figured out I want to do in my future... is be in the music business. Although I'm positive this is what I want to do, I have pretty much little experience in this field and I was wondering if maybe anyone had any pointers in what I could do to become more aware of music production. I live in Atlanta, so im sure there might be some type of like class or something for teens that want to pursue this, but I really don't know what to search for or where to get started.



Music production?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



Hey, I got accepted in MI ( percussion program) back in 2003 too. But I couldnt stay in because I didn't have the $2,500 loan balance.



But, I do produce all my own CDs/DVDs as a Solo Artist



So, I'll tell what I've learned so far from personal experience in the last 2 years of recording demo CDs.



Leanr the latest Recording tecnhiques and Recording softwares like Sonar, Cubase ( my personal fav!) Garage Band from Apple, Cakewalk for PCs. Also, sharpen your timing by using "a Click track" on all your projects to prevent major time mistakes. Also, practice using a Metronome too like those killer QUIKTIME metronomes.



Learn how to know the difference between 70BPMS ( beats per minute) and 100 BPMS. Also, learn how to read sheet music ( notation) and Guitar chords ( tablature)



Also, remember ...every band is different in terms of style, genre, stage presence, dynamics and etc. You have to "feel" out each band as they come to you.



Also, use DDrum triggers for miking live drums in recording sessions. They save a lot of time.



Also, use Locking tuners such as Sperzels or Schallers



on guitars too to prevent guitar going "out of tune" during recording sessions. I've had this happen to me many times and it's a time waster and money waster. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan