Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Music vs. Religion?

Much of music listened to today is "against" religion. Be it vulgarity, sexual themes, profanity, or something else, it seems that there is something "bad" in everything.



So my question to you is, how much does your religion affect the music you listen to? And would the music someone listens to cause you to respect them any less?



Music vs. Religion?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



I think my religion greatly effects what music I listen to. I love to listen to music and when I listen I pay attention to the words. I try not to judge people based on what they listen to or things like that, but if the person cusses and what not, that would probably make me not want to be around them.



Music vs. Religion?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



I don't worry too much about music. I don't disrespect anyone because of music.
Every thing in every age seems to be 'against' religion. You would hear the same complaint in Roman times.
have you noticed that the #1 songs are usually love songs?
try not listening to the 'recorded' music;



as the indians point out that a picture stills your soul; music recorded is soulless and thusly highly inapropiate for souls(that being music corrupts the soul as the only music should come from your lips and hands to GOD above and not from one man to another to glorify the man...)



HE has Risen
I prefer music from the 16th century, so this doesn't apply to me.



However, in regard to vulgar lyrics... garbage in garbage out... what people fill their mind with is what will come out of them.
I am an agnostic, and some of my favorite bands perfom music that has a very humanistic slant.



Songs with humanist lyrics include.



"Sympathy for the Devil" - The Rolling Stones



"Imagine" - John Lennon



"Free Will" - Rush



"Thick as a Brick" - Jethro Tull



"Syncronicity II" The Police



"Blowin in the Wind" Bob Dylan.
You do realize that Satan is a musical creature. Somehow he has pipes and things on him. But he has always used music, as well as countless other ways to bring people into hell. It's all he has to do. He's going to hell, so he wants to take as many with him as possible.



I generally listen to older music (fleetwood mac, etc.), and Christian music (Amy Grant, etc). But generally I spend a great deal of time on message boards, discussing Biblical end time prophecy (my fav subject, since we're living in it), watching movies, tv etc. Since I'm a Christian (been saved, born again) I know what I should, or shouldn't listen to, watch, or read. Sometimes I slip up, we all do. But repent, and get it out of your life. You also know you can call on God anytime you want about anything. Even finding good music. He's right there with you 24/7/365 and never sleeps or messes up. He knows you more then you know yourself. And he loves you more then any mass of people could ever love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan